The purpose of this tutorial is to acquaint or reacquaint you with basic knowledge about preparing written reports. Use it as a guide when you are faced with the task of writing a paper or a report.
Goals and Objectives
Upon completion of this tutorial, you will be able to:
- Differentiate between different types of written reports
- Prepare a report by following a logical process
- Understand the needs and expectations of the audience that will read your report
- Identify and develop a topic for your report
- Create a working bibliography
- Evaluate resources and take notes
- Organize your paper and create a first draft
- Revise and edit your report
- Avoid plagiarism by citing references correctly
Read the information about writing reports, then complete the activities.
Note: All external links in this tutorial will open in a new window or tab.