The purpose of this tutorial is to introduce or reacquaint you with the basics of preparing and delivering an oral presentation. Use this information and the activities as a guide when you are faced with the task of preparing and presenting an oral report.
Goals and Objectives
Upon completion of this tutorial, you will be able to:
- Differentiate between different types of oral presentations
- Use logical steps to prepare your presentation
- Determine the best method of delivery
- Utilize behaviors that help you enhance your credibility as a presenter
- Make decisions about incorporating humor in your presentation
- Employ techniques to improve the environment in which you will be presenting
- Develop a technique to help control nervousness
- Use your voice and gestures to maintain interest in the presentation
- Prepare and use visual aids effectively
Read the materials about making oral presentations, and complete the activities as you prepare and practice your presentation.
- Types of Presentations
- Preparing a Presentation
- Being a Credible Speaker
- Using Humor Effectively and Controlling Your Nervousness
- Delivering the Presentation
- Activity 1: Oral Presentations Review Quiz
Note: All external links in this tutorial will open in a new window or tab.