Learning Online - Are You Ready?
iStudy would like to acknowledge Jackie Ritzko for revising the content of this tutorial.
This tutorial provides an introduction to help you to:
- Determine your readiness to take an online course.
- Improve your learning strategies and styles in an online learning environment.
- Access available resources.
- Familiarize you with online communication skills needed in order to succeed in studying online.
Goals and Objectives
By the time you finish the Online Readiness tutorial, you will be able to:
- Determine your readiness for taking online courses.
- Develop the required competency and skills to succeed in an online learning environment.
- Identify available resources to help your self-paced learning.
- Understand appropriate etiquette for online communication.
The information in this tutorial has been divided into several sections. The recommended sequence is as follows:
- Take an Online Learning Readiness Questionnaire to know your strengths and weaknesses before taking an online course.
- Read about the required academic competency associated with online learning.
- Take a Learning Style Self-Assessment survey.
- Read about the required technical skills associated with online learning.
- Look for available academic resources and technical support.
- Read about rules and skills to interact with your instructors and peers.
- Read about different types of online interactions.
Note: All external links in this tutorial will open in a new window or tab.