In a cooperative learning situation, every team member has both individual responsibilities and group responsibilities. If a team member doesn't take care of his or her share of the responsibilities, it will cause problems for the entire group. Think about the following:
Each individual is responsible for :
- Being courteous
As a team, students are responsible for :
- Solving problems.
- Consulting other groups, if necessary, to clear up confusion.
- Helping group members and members of other groups (if asked).
- Working together to achieve tasks and goals.
Expected behaviors :
- Contributing and helping.
- Listening to others with care.
- Encouraging everyone in the group to participate.
- Praising helpful actions or good ideas.
- Asking for help if it is needed.
- Checking to make sure everyone understands.
- Staying on task with the group.